Their Serani home ground has seen many teams come under the sword and the expectations in the air was that we would conjure up a win. 8 games played and only 2 points dropped. This was 2nd vs 4th. A chance for MEFC to avenge their 3-1 loss to Kitaka in the first leg and also to close the gap and be on the same points as Kitaka. Changes to the game saw Kalama, Brandon, Chome, Kassim and Rama start. Probably Kitaka had not read the script.

First Half

The match officials, straight from their PET in Kericho, got the match underway. Kitaka FC were fast to register an attack. They were on the Eagles like a rush earlier on. They moved the ball with zap and changed flanks quickly as their forwards played with industry. The Eagles were taking time to settle. البينجو Their attack fashioned 2 quick chances. The first one saw the Eagles defense opened easily with an aerial ball that evaded the back line and was beyond Seif who was at right full back. The shot was hurried and nothing came of it. The second one had Kassim who was keeping in goal troubled. He had to make a good save to turn the ball over the bar as the ball tried to sneak just under the bar. Phew! A sigh of relief was felt across the Eagles bench

. The Eagles who had Max spearheading the attack started to make some runs in behind Kitaka’s defense but our attacks were not strong enough. A free-kick at a promising area just outside the D saw Brandon’s attempt comfortably saved. Later into the half saw the Eagles get a series of corners that had Kitaka in panic mode. Rama playing left forward brought in a good delivery that had Kitaka’s keeper sprawling and the defense managed to take it out for another corner. From this second corner Max managed to outleap the defense and was only matched by the keeper who bounced of the big man. The referee called a foul to the keeper and so the scores remained 0-0. مواقع المراهنات From a Kitaka corner, Eagles managed to clear the ball but then Kitaka recovered it. Their captain took the ball and headed for our penalty box. Kalama who was trailing him tripped him at a very dangerous area. The free-kick was in a very promising position for KFC. The ball flew way above the goal posing no danger to Kassim’s goal. 0-0 at half time

Second Half

The Eagles emerged for the second half with Max who got injured and Brandon making way for Samuel Ouyo and Fred Okumu respectively. MEFC upped the tempo and it was Kitaka who were on the backfoot. For a period Kitaka couldn’t get out of their half as we pressured them especially their backline. Ouyo made sure their central defense was on their toes, Rama was driving at the right full back while Sebunya was driving at the left back. The forward line was interchanging. The midfield of Chome, Kalama and Okumu was challenging theirs.  Our defense wasn’t giving them an inch and were tightly marking them.

A free header at the back post by Kalama was off target. A shot by Ouyo was spilled by the keeper for a corner. Another delivery from Sebunya had the ball fall nicely to Kalama who couldn’t convert. موقع رياضي In football if you don’t convert your chances you will most likely pay. After some substitutions from Kitaka, the tide started changing to their favour. They started stretching us and playing direct football. In one of their deliveries Chichi couldn’t clear well. He managed to change the course of the ball. This side footed Kassim and put the ball on the charging Kitaka striker. Kassim made it to the ball second but the striker managed to get a shot off. Their left winger came rushing and made sure of the goal. 1-0 Kitaka. The Eagles had all to do to save their home record and also get some points for their endeavors. The Eagles huffed and puffed but couldn’t come up with the killer blow. They went close with Rama who got felled in the box but the referee waved play on. At the end of the day despite fighting gallantly the score remained 1-0 to Kitaka.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *